Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III

Networkdays function issue

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in using the networkdays function. I am using the below formula.

Networkdays([Target Date],$(vEndDate),$(vHolidayDate))

The Target Date is picked from a table column, $(vEndDate) contains the date selected in filter and $(vHolidayDate) contains the dates for the holiday period.

So, for example, if I want to calculate the workdays between 09/01/2017 and 09/30/2017 where the period 09/20/2017-09/22/2017, the values I am passing to the three arguments is as below.

Target Date- 09/01/2017

$(vEndDate)- 09/30/2017

$(vHolidayDate)- '09/20/2017','09/22/2017'

Now the problem is the output is same both with and without the holiday dates. So, the formulas Networkdays([Target Date],$(vEndDate)) and Networkdays([Target Date],$(vEndDate),$(vHolidayDate)) both return the same output.

I am assuming that this error is occurring as I am not storing the values in the correct format in the variable $(vHolidayDate). So will this variable contain the data in the format shown above with the quotes or do I need to store the values in this variable in a different format.

Also all the dates have been converted to MM/DD/YYYY using Date and Floor function.

Can anyone please let me know how to resolve this.

Thanks,

Rajarshi

5 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I just tried using the below expression:

=Networkdays(date#('09/01/2017'),date#('09/30/2017'),date#('09/20/2017'),date#('09/22/2017'))

and it works as expected.

rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrea,

Thanks for the response. If I write the formula in this way it is working. But my problem is that the holiday dates will not be constant. Here I have mentioned only one holiday date period 09/20/2017-09/22/2017. But this period is not fixed. Even there can be more than 1 holiday period. So I need to store these dates in a variable. So, my question is how to implement the formula where more than holiday periods are stored in a variable.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

lt's try using below expression:

=Networkdays( date#('09/01/2017'),date#('09/30/2017'), $(=(vHoliday)) )

where vHoliday variable is date#('09/20/2017'),date#('09/22/2017')

rajarshi_guin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrea,

This also did not work. I am storing the values in the variable using the below script.

ListTable_DT_DIM:

LOAD Date(Floor(MO_DAY_YR_DT),'MM/DD/YYYY') as MO_DAY_YR_DATE

From lib://Transform\DT_DIM.qvd(qvd);

Holiday_Date_List:

LOAD concat(date#(chr(39) & MO_DAY_YR_DATE & chr(39)),',') as List

Resident ListTable_DT_DIM;

LET vHolidayDate=List;

Is this the correct way to store the dates in the variable?

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

could you provide a sample qvf to help you quickly?