Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaBeeN
Contributor III
Contributor III

Number of Zeros after a non Zero number

Guys, I have a column with transaction values.

The business case is to count the number of zeros starting from the right side of the transaction value before a non zero number. For example,

if the transaction value is 10 then number of zero should be 1, if the transaction value is 10,000 then number of zero should be 4, if the transaction value is 10, 500 then number of zero should be 2 (as the last two digits contains 2 zeros). 

Transaction Value  Number of Zeros
                                   10 1
                                 100 2
                             1,000 3
                           10,500 2
                           20,253 0

Is this possible to do in Qliksense?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Sorry, that should be mod = 0, not >0 (I got caught halfway between using mod and using frac, hence the mistake).

Another note - you didn't specify what should happen if the value is exactly 0, so you may want to add an if() statement to handle that specific case if 0 is a possible value.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You could simply nest some if() statements and use Mod(Value,10), Mod(Value,100) etc. if your numbers don't get too big, e.g.

If(Mod(Value,10000)=0,4,if(Mod(Value,1000)=0,3,if(Mod(Value,100)=0,2,if(Mod(Value,10)=0,1,0))))

It's not particularly clean, but it should work, and odds are your numbers aren't going to get so big that this won't work.

ShaBeeN
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I tried the code but I'm not getting the desired results. For Transaction Value 12,339 the number of zero column populates the count as 4,  Transaction Value 7,020 the number of zero column populates the count as 4. 

Or
MVP
MVP

Sorry, that should be mod = 0, not >0 (I got caught halfway between using mod and using frac, hence the mistake).

Another note - you didn't specify what should happen if the value is exactly 0, so you may want to add an if() statement to handle that specific case if 0 is a possible value.

ShaBeeN
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

0 is not a possible value so works perfectly. Thank you so much