Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jharderIDS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Old or outdated posts

Hi - We have a customer who is making the transition from QlikView to Qlik Sense / Qlik Cloud. Having used QlikView for more then 16 years, they understandably are struggling with the "But I can do that in QlikView?" One of the issues we have to keep helping him with is that he is finding very old posts in the community from 4,5, 6 and more years ago. Understanding that maintaining and updating old post must be a daunting task - the outdated info is causing a lot of confusion and angst for him. Is there a process for purging old, inaccurate posts? 

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

@jharderIDS wrote:

the outdated info is causing a lot of confusion and angst for him. Is there a process for purging old, inaccurate posts? 

Can you say more about the problem the outdated posts are causing?  Is it the quality of the answer or are they somehow no longer relevant?

-Rob

jharderIDS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Rob - Thanks - Mostly the content is no longer relevant as Qlik Sense / Qlik Cloud have advanced significantly. I have a work session scheduled with the customer to dispel the miss-conceptions. I plan on commenting into each of the older posts with an update, hopefully with an answer / solution. 

Best Regards

marcus_sommer

IMO it should be exactly the opposite and all old stuff should be further available - which is unfortunately not the case. The main-aspects how to do an appropriate ETL + UI and to administer an environment haven't changed from QlikView to Sense/Cloud. It needs more a comprehending of the conceptual fundamentals as detailed suggestions on a set analysis, buttons/actions, variables and so on. Especially recommended are the blog-postings from About hic - Qlik Community and particularly his hint's to the don'ts even if it's technically possible. It's not outdated!

What should be improved are the search-capabilities within the community!

jharderIDS
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Marcus, I agree that older (accurate) posts, especially anything that Henric wrote need to stay. The comment was directed to the older posts that relate to things Qlik Sense could not do 5 years ago but Qlik Sense / Qlik Cloud can do today. I don't have an example top of mind at this moment, but will be updating any posts I find where a new capability solves the original question. Thank you.