Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III

One table One mastercalender Date picker interference

Good afternoon

I have a table in which I want to see how many prodcuts were registered per customer chain. Simple enough.

But I want 2 columns to compare the data between 2 selected date periods.

- Column 1: sum(realized) dependent on Cal_Year_Month

- Column 2: sum(realized) dependent on Cal_Year_Month but with a different value. 

I've tried couple of things that I found on this forum but none seem

to work.

- Created Date Picker 2 from the MasterCalendar

ElsKnockaert_0-1675260734348.png

ElsKnockaert_3-1675261341285.png

Sum($(vAllowOnlyActivity)
          Aggr($(vAllowOnlyActivity)
               if( Min($(vAllowOnlyActivity)Activity_Last_Reg) = Min($(vAllowOnlyActivity){<Cal_Date = {"$(='<=' & Max(Picker_2_End))"}>}total<Cust_Id>Activity_Last_Reg), Activity_Real)

, Cust_Id,Prod_Id, Activity_Real )
         )

But the issue occurs when you try to activate the normal Cal_Year_Month to choose a period for column 1.

If you activate Cal_Year_Month, then in the column for Date 2, everything turns 0.

ElsKnockaert_4-1675261350066.png

Sum($(vAllowOnlyActivity)
            Aggr($(vAllowOnlyActivity)
                   if( Min($(vAllowOnlyActivity)Activity_Last_Reg) = Min($(vAllowOnlyActivity)total<Cust_Id>Activity_Last_Reg), Activity_Real )
             , Cust_Id,Prod_Id, Activity_Real)
)

I've tried making a MasterCalender2 / making 2 date pickers / making a shadow table Activity_2 but nothing seems to bypass this interference.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Right based on your last update I think I have a better idea of what you are looking for.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/alter...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Why don't you see if a date link table will help.

You have one master calendar

with a table between your calendar and fact table.

DateLink:

Load

%DateKey // Unique identifier of transaction in your fact table

'Date 1' as _DateType,

[Date 1] as "Date",

Resident FactTable;

Concatenate(DateLink)

Load

%DateKey

'Date 2' as _DateType,

[Date 2] as "Date",

Resident FactTable;

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your reply, I've tried to do it like this and I have no error when loading.
However I'm not sure I did it correcty.
%Link_Prod_Cust_Empl_Date_Lang_Div is the unique identifier for my Activity table.
Activity_Reg_Date is the registration date of the product.
But my Activity table is also linked to my MasterCalendar by floor(Activity_Reg_Date) in %Link_Cal_Date.
And normally I use Cal_Date because that field is linked to  the other tables.

Is what I did correct here?

How do I use this in my expressions in the table? To compare one column working on Date1 to the adjacent column working on Date2?

ElsKnockaert_0-1675324355757.png

If I try to make filters to separate Date1 and Date2, they are mutually exclusive.
I selected '2023 jan' for Date1 and as a result I can't choose a new date in Date2 to compare. 
If I can't get it to work in filters like this, it's not going to work in my table either probably :-s 

ElsKnockaert_0-1675329182387.png

ElsKnockaert_1-1675329190161.png

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

was under the impression you had 2 dates date 1 and date 2 so was merging them together under one date.  from how you've implemented your code you only have one date. Activity Reg Date.

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, in table Activity I have the date Activity_Reg_Date that is linked to MasterCalendar under its fields Cal_Date, Cal_Year_Month, Cal_Year, ... .

But I want to compare the sales of the product for example in 2023 January to the sales in 2022 January in one pivot table.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Right based on your last update I think I have a better idea of what you are looking for.  

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2022/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/alter...

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I haven't the time to try it out today, or look into it, but this looks like what I need! I'll let you know if it worked!

Thank you so much!

ElsKnockaert
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That did the trick! Thank you!!!