Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III

Overriding Filter / Dimension Selections

Good day -

I have an expression I am trying to build where I want to be able to count the number of transactions regardless of the filter selection for just one filter.

Here is the context for the report.  I have a set of transaction data with the following key fields / dimensions:

Month/Year (Dimension in Report)

Region (Filter)

Category (Filter)

Transaction_ID (Measure in Report)

I have the report set up where the dimension is Month/Year, and the Measure is a Count of the Transaction_ID.

I run by setting a filter for the region and category.  While I am able to get the total transactions for that combination, I would also like to be able to show the % of total transactions for the Month/Year and Region.

The calc would look something like:

COUNT(Distinct  transaction_id) (by month/year, region, and category)

/

COUNT(Distinct transaction_id) (by month/year and region)

I have tested with TOTAL and it only disregards the Dimension in the report.

Any suggestions on how to make this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mitch

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to resolve the basic need on this on by using Set Expression and the $ qualifier for the appropriate field - COUNT( {$<Category=>} Transaction_ID) 

This allows the selection on Region to persist, but disregards the selection for Category which is what was needed.

Thanks,

Mitch

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Please post some sample data an expected output 

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
joshm43
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I was able to resolve the basic need on this on by using Set Expression and the $ qualifier for the appropriate field - COUNT( {$<Category=>} Transaction_ID) 

This allows the selection on Region to persist, but disregards the selection for Category which is what was needed.

Thanks,

Mitch