Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adlim91
Contributor
Contributor

P function - vice versa two fields

Hi all,

To link two unlinked table, I have to use p().

I am having problems when I set up filters, which are fields from Table 1 and Table 2. When I trigger a certain filter in Table 1 , qliksense should recognise the common field value, and filter the results in Table 2 based on the common field value. And vice versa for filters from Table 2. 

I am thinking of combining {< Table1Sales = P(Table2Sales) >} and {< Table2Sales = P(Table1Sales) >}, but how can i write this statement in my expression? Or anyone can suggest a better solution?

Thanks!

Labels (3)
1 Reply
adlim91
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Another question following this up, let's say I have Table1FieldAFilter, Table1CommonField, Table2CommonField, and Table2FieldBFilter.

When I trigger Table1FieldAFilter, certain values in Table1CommonField are selected, and based on these value,  Table 2 is filtered  at Table2CommonField,  then Table2FieldBFilter should show the remaining available values, so that I can choose to filter for my desired results in other fields in Table 2.

this is really beyond my knowledge and I really appreciate someone who could help figure this out. 

Can't thank enough!