Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UncleRiotous
Creator
Creator

Percentile Pseudo Dimension

I can't work out how to dynamically create a pseudo-dimension that shows the percentiles of orders based on their spend.

I've managed to create a static view that ignores all filters but can't find a way to replicate this dynamically. It's a real bodge but it does produce the table and graph my boss wants.

My static solution is to create a table during load, linked to the main table by order number. The table is ordered by order spend, has one row per order and by dividing the RowNo() of each order by the total number of orders divided by a hundred and using Ceil() I get a percentile dimension. Each percentile holds the same number of orders so I can use that as an x-axis of a graph. If you use any filters though the graph shows incorrect information.

The resulting table looks a bit like this (only with millions of records this would work for 500)...

OrderNum

RowNum

Percentile

Ord1

Ord2

Ord3

Ord4

Ord5

Ord6

Ord7

Ord8

Ord9

Ord10

Ord11

I can't work out how to recreate this dimension dynamically so when a filter is applied the number of orders per percentile changes and the ordering of them is kept.

I'm hoping I've missed something really obvious.

Labels (6)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I don't fully understnd your requirement. Can you ost some sample data and the expected result when there is a selection done?

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Maybe this is what you are looking for

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Quartile/td-p/844104

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
UncleRiotous
Creator
Creator
Author

Managed to work out what I needed to do by using the following as the dimension...

Ceil(Aggr(RowNo(TOTAL),ORDER_NUM)/($(vNum_CountRows)/100))

It works provided vNum_CountRows is a count of Order Num. I didn't think about aggreagating RowNo().