Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harjotsingh16
Contributor II
Contributor II

Permanent Filter on sheet using Master filter option

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to do permanent filter using my master item formula, can you please help me in this?

The filter of Master item is "Year" -  "2022","2023" and "2024"

I want to do the permeant filter and show the data only of 2023 and ignore remaining years. 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Labels (3)
3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You would include a set modifier in your expression. For example, if your expression was "Sum(Sales)", the Sales for only Year 2023 would be:

Sum({<Year={2023}>}Sales)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/August2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnal...

-Rob

harjotsingh16
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the reply but it didn`t work out in this case for me. The "Year" master item I have created is based on delivery date.

My Expression for Master Item Year is below

=if([Delivery date]>='1/1/2022' and [Delivery date]<='12/31/2022','2022',
if([Delivery date]>='1/1/2023' and [Delivery date]<='12/31/2023','2023','2024'))

From above expression I want to show the data only for 2023 or is their any way instead of creating Master Item I can add permanent filter to see 2023 data or add expression in Actions?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think an easier way to create your master dimension would be:

=Year([Delivery Date])

Even better to create this field in the script like:

Year([Delivery Date]) as Year

If you don't want to create the field in script, you can still use my suggested set expression like this:

Sum({<=Year([Delivery Date])={2023}>}Sales)

-Rob