Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harjotsingh16
Contributor II
Contributor II

Permanent Filter on sheet using Master filter option

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to do permanent filter using my master item formula, can you please help me in this?

The filter of Master item is "Year" -  "2022","2023" and "2024"

I want to do the permeant filter and show the data only of 2023 and ignore remaining years. 

Thank you in advance 🙂

Labels (3)
3 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You would include a set modifier in your expression. For example, if your expression was "Sum(Sales)", the Sales for only Year 2023 would be:

Sum({<Year={2023}>}Sales)

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/August2023/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAnal...

-Rob

harjotsingh16
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Rob,

Thanks for the reply but it didn`t work out in this case for me. The "Year" master item I have created is based on delivery date.

My Expression for Master Item Year is below

=if([Delivery date]>='1/1/2022' and [Delivery date]<='12/31/2022','2022',
if([Delivery date]>='1/1/2023' and [Delivery date]<='12/31/2023','2023','2024'))

From above expression I want to show the data only for 2023 or is their any way instead of creating Master Item I can add permanent filter to see 2023 data or add expression in Actions?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I think an easier way to create your master dimension would be:

=Year([Delivery Date])

Even better to create this field in the script like:

Year([Delivery Date]) as Year

If you don't want to create the field in script, you can still use my suggested set expression like this:

Sum({<=Year([Delivery Date])={2023}>}Sales)

-Rob