Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pivot table Hide Column

pivot table Hide Column

Hello

I have created a Measure by using this sum(marks)-before(sum(marks)).

Now how can i hide first column where values are showing as "-"

Please see the attached image for more info.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Within the classical Qlik logic it's not possible because there exists results for the dimension-value of 1991. If there is any it will be displayed for each measure.

An alternatively would be to remove the year as dimension and creating for each wanted combination of the measure + the year an own expression. In this case you couldn't really use your applied logic with the interrecord-function else you will need to specify your conditions per set analysis within the expressions, maybe with something like this:

sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year)-1)"}>} marks)
sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year))"}>} marks)
sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year))"}>} marks) - sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year)-1)"}>} marks)

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Please share the sample application to test as workaround?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi

Appreciate your help .Please find attached.so the column which has null needs to be hidden.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Afaik, So far my knowledge that's not possible. But let's see If @marcus_sommer can advice workaround.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
marcus_sommer

Within the classical Qlik logic it's not possible because there exists results for the dimension-value of 1991. If there is any it will be displayed for each measure.

An alternatively would be to remove the year as dimension and creating for each wanted combination of the measure + the year an own expression. In this case you couldn't really use your applied logic with the interrecord-function else you will need to specify your conditions per set analysis within the expressions, maybe with something like this:

sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year)-1)"}>} marks)
sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year))"}>} marks)
sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year))"}>} marks) - sum({< Year = {"$(=max(year)-1)"}>} marks)

- Marcus

meenakshi_m
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

yes perfect .This has worked for me.Thank you

Happy_Qlicking
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I have the same problem. But as I am using a Measure in my pivot, I cannot use set expression to it or modify it. So what is the solution?