Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mapratt82
Creator
Creator

Previous 6 months within Set Analysis

Here is two of my attempts, but I just get null or 0. I have made sure both fields are dates without time stamp, fixed in load.

((Count(distinct{<DDA_External_Tran_Code*={'5'},

DDA_Tran_Date*={>=$(addmonths(today(),-6))}>}DDA_Description_Link)) +

(Count(distinct{<SAV_External_Tran_Code*={'125'},

SAV_Tran_Date*={>=$(addmonths(today(),-6))}>}SAV_Description_Link)))

DDA_Tran_Date*={">=AddMonths(Today(),-6)"}>}DDA_Description_Link)) +

SAV_Tran_Date*={">=AddMonths(Today(),-6)"}>}SAV_Description_Link)))

I just want transactions from previous 6 months. I feel confident I could achieve with If statement but would rather keep everything as set analysis if possible. I have probably 15-20 calculations with multiple set analysis that each will need to pull just the previous 6 months worth of data. Unfortunately filtering at the data load isn't going to be a viable option either, please help. Thanks everyone in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Mark,

try this

((Count(distinct{<DDA_External_Tran_Code={'5'},

DDA_Tran_Date={'>=$(=addmonths(today(),-6))'}>} DDA_Description_Link)) + ....  and so on

Regards,

Antonio

View solution in original post

7 Replies
mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Updated:  based on discussion below ...

I'm not sure why you have the *= before all of your {'s .  If you want to restrict the transactions to the last 6 months -- then you would not want to intersect with current selections.  Try with just = and not *=  for the dates.

DDA_Tran_Date={">=AddMonths(Today(),-6)"}>}DDA_Description_Link)) +

SAV_Tran_Date={">=AddMonths(Today(),-6)"}>}SAV_Description_Link)))

sunny_talwar

Check here for the use of * before the equal sign

Implicit Set Operators

mjtaft2017
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I did see that except it didn't make sense for the date part if he only wants transactions from the last 6 months -- the linked document says that intersection adds to existing selection.  How would that restrict to only last 6 months in that case.  Maybe for this part it would be ok (going to add those values to any existing selections)  ...  <DDA_External_Tran_Code*={'5'} and <SAV_External_Tran_Code*={'125'}

but the date portion it would not  (if I understand the purpose of the intersect)

sunny_talwar

I agree

mapratt82
Creator
Creator
Author

I have tried also to remove the * on the dates and it didn't work either. Your and Mary's conversation actually helps in that I couldn't remember why I had used the * on the others just that it was working and I didn't want to mess that up, but now understanding a little I agree it shouldn't be used for what I'm needing on dates.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi Mark,

try this

((Count(distinct{<DDA_External_Tran_Code={'5'},

DDA_Tran_Date={'>=$(=addmonths(today(),-6))'}>} DDA_Description_Link)) + ....  and so on

Regards,

Antonio

mapratt82
Creator
Creator
Author

Just want to thank everyone for their help! Thank You!