Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III

Print zero if I choose a grey value in the list box

Hi evry one, I want to have zeros if I choose one of the grey values in the list box Product List for the dates when i Don't have sales. But I got the total of all the product list instead.

Nourrahmcnean_1-1655800507196.png

Thanks in advance

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
goos_it
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is not how Qlik works...

If the combination of date and product dooesn´t have a value (meaning there is no line of data for the given combination) means NULL (if your source database would supply a 0, Qlik would "see"it and you could show it in a table.)

In some Data Connectors (at least SAP one can do this, as far as I remember, I don´t have one to check it) you can enable a functionality to "replace null with zeros".

The other possibility (effort depends on your data model) would be to concatenate "fake" 0 values to the table for the not existing product/date combos. But this not that easy and comes with other side effect (e.g. counting will not work correctly and count fake values too).

If you give a more precise description of what your ultimate goal is maybe someone can help?

BR Stephan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
goos_it
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is not how Qlik works...

If the combination of date and product dooesn´t have a value (meaning there is no line of data for the given combination) means NULL (if your source database would supply a 0, Qlik would "see"it and you could show it in a table.)

In some Data Connectors (at least SAP one can do this, as far as I remember, I don´t have one to check it) you can enable a functionality to "replace null with zeros".

The other possibility (effort depends on your data model) would be to concatenate "fake" 0 values to the table for the not existing product/date combos. But this not that easy and comes with other side effect (e.g. counting will not work correctly and count fake values too).

If you give a more precise description of what your ultimate goal is maybe someone can help?

BR Stephan

Nourrahmcnean
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the recommandations. The thing is I have a product list 'Toys' that doesn't have sales everyday so if I want to visualize  Sum sales of toys for the whole month of May for example I don't get a result  since it didn't  have sales at the end of the month.