Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
louise119
Creator III
Creator III

QVD file in app.

Hi, I am using QlikSense Enterprise edition.
I want to share QVD files between apps, but QVD files created by one app cannot be viewed by other apps.

Is it a permissions issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

The path has to be the same, yes. The connection used determines where the QVDs will be saved (or read from). Note that you should be saving the QVD to a network folder or another location that is accessible to apps, not as an attached file within the original app. Attached files are only available to the app they are attached to (this has nothing to do with them being a QVD file).

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

QVD files are just that - files. There should be no issue using a QVD generated by one app in another app, using the same connection. What sort of problem are you facing, exactly?

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you.

I'm trying to access a QVD file generated by App1 from App2. App1 generates QVD files in the following path, and all QVD files can be viewed from App1.

However, when I try to browse the QVD file with the same path from App2, there is no file.

【path】
App1: lib://attachedFile/[.QVD]

Or
MVP
MVP

Are you using the same connection, and on the same server? If this is on two different servers, perhaps the path in question does not point at the same folder (or it points at e.g. D:\QVD, which would be local to the server, rather than \\Servername\d$?)

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The servers are the same.

I am using Qliksense enterprise edition. Do I need any permissions to share data between apps?

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Should I specify the same PATH in app 2 as I specified in app 1?

Where do the folders reside...

Or
MVP
MVP

The path has to be the same, yes. The connection used determines where the QVDs will be saved (or read from). Note that you should be saving the QVD to a network folder or another location that is accessible to apps, not as an attached file within the original app. Attached files are only available to the app they are attached to (this has nothing to do with them being a QVD file).

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much.

You say it needs to be saved in a location accessible from the app, how can I check which folders are accessible from the app?

Or
MVP
MVP

Anything that you have an available connection for, from the Connection sidebar. Connections are shared across all apps so any location you can save to from one app should be accessible to another (excluding attached files, of course).

louise119
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I was specifying an attachment, so it may not have been good. How should I specify the path other than the attached file? I don't know the path under lib. .

I'm using Redshift for my data connection.