Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francofiorillo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Data Gateway Direct access

Hello.
the data I use in Qlik Sense Saas is on Premise on a Microsoft Sql server. I am currently using Qlik Data Transfer to transfer the tables to be analyzed to the cloud.
I honestly find QDT poso practical as it is not editable after creation and you cannot see which fields you have transferred to the cloud.
I don't want to use <FORTS> for economic reasons and would like to try QLIK DATA GATEWAY DIRECT ACCESS.
It can be used ?
Are there any contraindications?
Can it do the same job as Qlik Data Transfer?
Generally the tables to be analyzed by space are approx. 100 and generally resident in a single Micorsoft SQL database.
at the date, then, these data are the subject of a qlikview PE apps.
Could I also transfer the entire QlikView apps? But then, how do I update the data?
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Can you help me choose the best path?
thanks again in advance.
Hello everybody.

Labels (2)
14 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @AdyWorrall 

It is suggested to create a different post to make sure you get the help for the problem you are experiencing that is different from this original post. 

For the DG issue, by any chance could you confirm what is the DG version you have installed in your environment, if its not the most recent could you upgrade if possible?

By any chance have you checked with your internal team if there is anything blocking the connection? 

The logs should show a more detailed error and are located as mentioned by the team in the following path: C:\Program Files\Qlik\ConnectorAgent\data\logs

Kind Regards. 

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
AdyWorrall
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi @Nada  I am using the latest version downloaded from my SaaS tenant, which seems to work 80/90% of the time.  I am the internal team and have enabled all of the relevant ports and even tried disabling the firewall, which has no effect, so guessing it is not firewall related.

With regards logs I did look through those but I can't see anything that points to the issue, that I understand.. I have looked in the connecto_agent_logs, the odbc-connector_logs and the DirectAccessAgent_date log too.

If I do open another post for this are you able to pick this up there please?

One other thing to mention is that I am using a trial myself which currently doesn't allow me access to the support portal..

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @AdyWorrall 

It's odd not to find anything in the logs, at least it should show the error, there have been intermittent issues with an error about not being able to allocate a slot for the reload, but three fixes were released internally to the Qlik Cloud side and most or our customers with that error now have clear logs. 

The latest version of the DG is 1.2 and was really recently released. 

If you create a separate post let me know.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
AdyWorrall
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi and thanks for that @NadiaB . Are you able to post the link on here on how to update the DA service please.  I obviously don't want to have to recreate and link the API key and even more importantly have to change the script in my apps for the any new connection. Many thanks

AdyWorrall
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Hi - I've just checked my version and realised I do need to upgrade to the newer, more stable version... apologies for not doing this as I was worried I would have to update connection details in my scripts.

For others - this is the link for the upgrade help - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Gateways/direct-access-g...