Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimCollins
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Embed always renders iframes?

The Qlik Embed documentation suggests in a couple of places that the Qlik UI can be used without iframes. However both the qlik-embed example and the qlik-embed-react example appear to render iframes when executed. Is this correct or is it possible to use qlik-embed or qlik-embed-react without an iframe being rendered?

qlik-embed

TimCollins_0-1708362675521.png

qlik-embed-react

TimCollins_1-1708362688431.png

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@TimCollins I wonder that this is possible without iframe tag because that is nature of Embedded with HTML.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
TimCollins
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Just to provide more context to my question and hopefully get it answered. My company already uses Qlik and we want to investigate how we can embed or extend its capabilities in a separate web application. Due to security restrictions however, our web applications can't use iframes.

As mentioned in my first post, the documentation states "...embed any Qlik UI in a world wide web without iframes." This suggests that iframes are not required but all of the code examples that I have found are rendering iframes which suggests that line from the documentation is incorrect.

If someone could confirm that iframes are definitely required for third-party applications that would be great.