Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qluser01
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense - Bar Chart - change bar color based on Column name

Hello,

I have a bar chart, and 2 table columns with figures.

How can I manually choose color for each of bars?

Load * Inline [

month, bar1, bar2

1, 10, 12

2, 13, 15

3, 12, 17

];

I'm looking for expression like    =if(FieldName='bar1', rgb(87,87,150), rgb(150,100,100) )

But there is no function to get fieldname (column name) in Sense, right?

So, how can we solve the problem?

14 Replies
qluser01
Creator
Creator
Author

OK guys both variants work.

As gave a ValueList version (w/o changes made to existing table) and described limitation of that methods, his answer was chosen as a correct one.

But I suppose   its better to create a separate table for a particular chart and transpose it in order to make it easier to modify the look of that chart (sorting, colors)....

Its a petty thou we cant use FieldName for some reasons in Sense...

thanks again!

NITROG3NN
Partner - Contributor III

To me the easiest way to give color to a bar in bar chart is to convert the measure into master measure  and give it the color you want.

publication1
Contributor III
Contributor III

BRILLIANT IDEA - do you have a step by step process on how to do this please im very new

Poppel
Contributor II
Contributor II

That is a very swift way to do it, Thanks!

IMHO QS should really allow more such simple configurations to be realised by clicking (and it is called Qlik!) instead of unnecessary syntaxing.

NITROG3NN

Hi @Poppel and @publication1 , idk if it will help now, but please find the steps below whcih i was suggesting.

NITROG3NN_0-1671623944759.png