Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KentaroMaeda
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Sense Desktop Display Issue: Opening 'Data Load Editor' or 'Data Model Viewer' in New Tab Shows Only 'localhost:4848' in Title with No Content

Qlik Sense Desktop Display Issue

If you opt to "Open in a new tab" for functionalities such as "Data Load Editor" or "Data Model Viewer" in Qlik Sense Desktop, only "localhost:4848" appears in the tab title, and there is no additional content displayed.

The mentioned problem has been occurring since August 2023 and continues to persist in the "November 2023 TechPreview" release. It did not occur in the "May 2023" release.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Felipe_Violin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Good morning,

I was researching this error, and I was using Windows 11 23H2 and Qlik Desktop with August 2023 Patch 6 version, authenticated to my Qlik Enterprise, and I was facing the same problem.

I upgraded to the November 2023 Patch 02 version, and I no longer experienced the issue. The fix was implemented in the next release.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lamvo
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hi KentaroMaeda,

I faced the same problem with you. I think the problem lies in the missing path /sense/ in the URL.

It should look something like this: http://localhost:4848/sense/datamodelviewer/app/...

It's quite annoying and needs to be fixed. However, it's not like there's nothing you can do about it.

I would recommend that you switch to a web browser in the meantime. You still need to log in using Qlik Sense Desktop. But that's about it. Then, you can switch to a web browser and use the path http://localhost:4848/hub/my/work to access your hub. When you open either the Data Load Editor or Data Model Viewer in the new tab and you encounter HTTP ERROR 404, simply insert "/sense" right after http://localhost:4848  and refresh the page. And voilá.

Another way to work around this is to duplicate the App Overview tab, which works normally when you open an app from the Hub, and then open Data Load Editor or Data Model Viewer at the current tab. Tab Duplication is a perk of using a web browser with Qlik Sense Desktop. I think this way is much faster than adding a path to the URL.

I hope that this will temporarily solve your problem and improve your experience with Qlik Sense.

Hopefully, the wonderful people from Qlik will fix this soon.

Lam

KentaroMaeda
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi Lamvo

Thank you so much.

I understand that the issue of not displaying is due to a missing URL.
Also, I have learned that the problem can be avoided by following the suggested method.
I appreciate the insights.

I also hope that the skilled people from Qlik will fix the mentioned problem.

Felipe_Violin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Good morning,

I was researching this error, and I was using Windows 11 23H2 and Qlik Desktop with August 2023 Patch 6 version, authenticated to my Qlik Enterprise, and I was facing the same problem.

I upgraded to the November 2023 Patch 02 version, and I no longer experienced the issue. The fix was implemented in the next release.