Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yavuzscakir
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Installation Error

Hi,

I am trying to install Qlik Sense(Qlik Sense Enterprise) Desktop version but at the end it gives an error.

• I deleted C:\ProgramData\PackageCache folder
  • I deleted C:\ProgramData\Qlik folder
  • I dont have any special character in my name
  • I deleted files in C:\Users\yavox\AppData\Local\Temp
  • I deleted C:\ProgramData\Qlik folder
  • I dont have any special character in my name
  • I deleted files in C:\Users\yavox\AppData\Local\Temp
  • I created a new user and give admin rights to it
  • I installed all C++ Redistributable(i didnt manually deleted older ones)
  • I installed ..NET Framework 4.8.1
  • I set Powershell path as a system variable
  • My windows is activated
  • Made sure that the service account is a Local Admin
  • My system is 64bit
  • I run the Qlik_Sense_setup.exe as an administrator
  • I tried to install the program to C:\Program Files

yavuzscakir_0-1721631335922.png

I read every post in community and everything but none of them worked. HEEEEEEEELPPPP 

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Sayed_Mannan
Creator II
Creator II

Based on the error message in the log file, it seems like the installation failed due to an issue with an MSI package. 

here are some points that you can try based on my understanding

1. Check Your System: Ensure that you’re using a 64-bit operating system, as Qlik Sense doesn’t support 32-bit systems. Also, make sure that you’re not trying to install on a server system.

2. Profile Settings: Qlik Sense Desktop requires the applications to be in your local documents folder, which needs to be on the C:\ drive. If you’re using roaming profiles or if your local documents folder has been moved to a network location, it could cause this issue.

3. Repair Installation: If Qlik Sense was previously installed, you might need to repair the installation. You can do this by opening the Control Panel, selecting ‘Uninstall a program’, choosing Qlik Sense from the list of programs, and clicking Change.

If the problem persists, I recommend reaching out to Qlik Sense’s technical support for further assistance. They might be able to provide more specific guidance based on your system configuration and the exact error message.

yavuzscakir
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Problem solved. If you have the same error, go download previous setup.exe, not the new release. In last 4 days I am trying to understand why its not working, and i find out the problem is new patch. Bravo Qlik Sense