Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhumphreys
Contributor II
Contributor II

Qlik Sense Section Access using multiple fields.

I am looking to use Section Access to restrict what the Sales Rep sees.  I have done this based on the Sales Rep field.  Howevernow I have a need to also allow a certain Sales Rep to see the sales for a Customer/Product combination that belongs to another Sales Rep.  Is this even possible?

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

We are kind of trying to do the same thing.

We are accessing MS Dynamics CRM data.  Each customer is owned by a sales rep.

So our section access is based on the sales rep employee number. 

So a rep can only see his/her customers where they are the owner.  A manager can see a group of employee numbers and thus all of their accounts.

We are not going down to the customer level at this point.  So a user will be able to see all accounts owned by the employee numbers that appear in rows in our Section Access table.

Our solution would allow the one rep in your scenario to see all of the customer/products for the other rep. which doesn't sound like what you are trying to do.

mhumphreys
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks.  We do this now, but now I have an additional requirement to allow a user see only one customer/product combination in addition to what he is already allowed to see.  We do not want him to see all of the other reps accounts.