Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Qlik Sense Site - Not Working

Hi All,

My Qlik Sense site was not loading, while all the services are under running status. So, I checked the system proxy log, it showed "Could not contact local repository to retrieve proxy service settings". So, I checked in the Qlik Community, this following article "Solved: Qlik Sense Enterprise doesn't start neither QMC no... - Qlik Community - 1630024" mentioned that it was due to a certificate issue, and to solve it, article mentioned to restore the certificates.

Then, using the following article "", I tried to recreate the certificates, but after running successfully, the certificates were not found in the MMC folders. Even though, the Qlik Servies are running. 

Still the Qlik Sense Site is not working. Can you please help me out.

Labels (2)
10 Replies
Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. Confirm you have followed all the steps of recreating the certificates.
2. If multinode , make sure all nodes have been updated.
3. If all the steps have been followed , open a support case and provide a full set of Qlik Sense logs.

Article link:
1. How to recreate or just delete certificates in Qlik Sense - No access to QMC or Hub

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-...
David_Friend
Support
Support

@muhammedraleen what version of QS are you running?

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi All,

As of now, the Qlik works fine after the following steps: -

1. Checked again, Hub or QMC didn't open while all the services are running.

2. Checked the certificates has created or not, it was not created.

3. I ran the command "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Repository.exe" -bootstrap from cmd with admin           rights. It ran some lines and stopped at "[INFO] Entering Main Phrase."
4. Then press entered and re-ran the command "C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Repository.exe" -                         bootstrap -restorehostname. Then cmd mentioned restoring local certificates and stopped at "Bootstrap                   terminated. Press Enter to Exit".

5. Then I checked the certificates from MMC, all the certificates were restored.

6. Then I restarted the QRS which restarts all the relevant services.

7. Then I waited for a while, and opened the Hub and QMC, it worked.

Note: - While doing the step 3 and 4, all the Qlik services were running.

Can anyone let me what happened actually now or did I miss something yesterday while restoring the certificates or Is this a solution for this issue ?

Thanks @Ray_Strother @David_Friend for the time and support

Ray_Strother
Support
Support

Hello,

1. The solution in the article is the correct one. 

2. Perhaps all the services weren't stopped.

3. Best practice would go into task manger on the server and make all Qlik Services have been stopped before running the bootstrap command. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/How-to-recreate-or-just-delete-certificates-...

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

According to that article, I'm 100% sure I stopped all the services except the Qlik Sense Repository Database service from the task manager. And then only I ran the bootstrap command, which didn't have any effect.

I think Qlik Sense Repository Database needs to be running for storing the local certificates to be restored.

Somehow something has been happened and now the Qlik Site is working fine.

muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi All,

This issue is re-occurring again and again. I have restored the certificates each and every time, which fixes it at that time. And again, in few days the issue comes back.

May I know why it is occurring?

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @muhammedraleen , when the issue happen are the old certificates in place or were they removed? 
There might be some external factor contibuting to the corruption/removal, like security software, group policies...

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
muhammedraleen
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

The old certificates were in place, when the issue occurred.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @muhammedraleen ,

I would check the Windows Event logs (security, application, system) to check when the issue started happening.
I would also recommend having all the antivirus exclusions in place.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.