Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snissan01
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense high CPU issue

description:
We have a sporadic issue when opening applications in the QS Desktop. It happens sometimes when we open a sheet (any sheet, not any specific sheet). We see the bubbles appear, but we never reach the data view, the CPU rises to 100% and the only way to temporarily resolve it is to restart the QS Engine service. This does not seem related to our scheduled data reload. (Please note that our data model does not have synchronized keys.)

We are requesting help in troubleshooting. We would like to know which logs we can check for issues and how logging level(s) can be set to give us more diagnostic information.

System Info:

Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard), 64-bit (a VMware virtual machine)

RAM: 24 GB

CPU: 4 virtual CPUs, 2 GHz

Disk: 80 GB

QS Version: 3.0 SR2 (See attached Screen shot)

7 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Hello, I am bit confuse here, how can you a scheduled reload with QS desktop? Can you clarify how you do you"restart the QS Engine service." Are you sure this is not enterprise instead desktop? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
snissan01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Gio,

Thanks for the respond.

You are correct, this is as enterprise.

The issue occurs once in a while (few days) when a random user trying opening a sheet (it can be any sheet) and the CPU rises. Then I’m forced to restart the service.

I don’t know why it happens and where to find the relevant log.

BR

Shachar

Giuseppe_Novello

Ok, so are you noticing the Engine is the actual service consuming the CPU resource or majority of it, would that be at 100% or which percentage? Does it occur constantly same app and sheet or random apps? How big is this app in question? Just to make sure, checking the data model, there's no Sync keys? 

BR

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
snissan01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Gio, 

Regarding the CPU percentage, when it "Stucked" it's 96% and above.

We have only one App which is ~ 450 MB

No Sync Keys.

But we do habve Section Access which works good.

Giuseppe_Novello

So it is consistent to one app? Other apps are fine.. without any issues? 

Giuseppe Novello
snissan01
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Correct - We have only one public App so it must be related to it.

Monitoring apps (rarely used by me) did not caused this behaviour

Giuseppe_Novello

Okay, so you have only one app publish, what I understand, so we do not have much information to confirm whether its a individual app the issue or the whole environment itself. If going to be trick to get an answer here then. I would suggest to open a support case. In support, they going to need to see the issue on demand. How frequent the issue occurs, can you replicate the issue on demand? 

Giuseppe Novello