Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidharth_Gupta
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Writeback to SQL database

I want to writeback my data into a MySQL database table using script in Qlik sense. I was able to create a MySQL connection successfully in Data Load Editor. Does Qlik Sense have a Writeback functionality? If yes, what query should I use to implement it.

I also tried to writeback my data into a file in my local folder directory, but it is giving me an error that 'File path is not found'. I am using below code in script in Data Load Editor:

Test1:
Load
Physician, CancelledMTD
From DWH_OrderTrends;
STORE Test1 into C:\Users\sidha\QV_files\Order.qvd(qvd);

Let me know if you can help please. 

Thanks

Sidharth

Labels (1)
4 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can use the Qlik "SQL" keyword to send any sql statement to your database connection. so in your load script, 

SQL UPDATE Set Name="xyz", ....

-Rob

Sidharth_Gupta
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello, thanks for answering.

I am fetching data from one SQL table in Qlik, then applying some transformation on it (lets say grouping) and then trying to load this data back into a new SQL table. I have the SQL keyword, it is not working. Do you  have any other suggestion in mind?

Thanks

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you post the script you have tried?

-Rob

NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @Sidharth_Gupta 

By any chance have you seen this already?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/ODBC_connector_help/Content/Connectors_ODBC/How-to...

Hope it helps!

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm