Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sid123
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik sense Virtual proxy

Hi All,

Can someone help me on the below requirement.

We have an Qlik sense test environment which has 1 central,1 db server and 3 Rim nodes. however now the new requirement is we need to add two more scheduler servers to the current architecture and these 2 servers will be using as Development environment.

The requirement is like we need to logon to the QS Site using prefix (dev) then whatever tasks are scheduled\reload it should trigger on newly added servers.

Labels (1)
  • QMC

4 Replies
Torsten_Kohrt
Employee
Employee

Hi,

what you describe would work if I understood correctly you want to assign a VP with the DEV prefix and the two nodes. But to assign the reload task you have to work with the load balancing rule if it is not all apps it depends on your use case.

Sid123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, I have created VP with dev prefix and added 2 dev nodes in load balance.

next step is when i open qmc with dev prefix and try to reload any task all the requests should go to dev nodes, but in my case reloads are going to UAT scheduler node.

I have understood that we need to create a custom property and create a security rule to fullfil my requirement.

Torsten_Kohrt
Employee
Employee

You have to distinguish if you want to have all tasks on the DEV nodes in general then it is easy because you define that the two nodes should have the scheduler service and then say in the QMC Central = only Master and the DEV nodes Slave and take out the scheduler service for all others.

Sid123
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply!

yes you are right, but struggling with  condition.

Can you suggest what logic can i write in the condition of Load balancer rule?

and also to the prefix "dev" virtual proxy which node to be added as a linked proxy? will it be dev node proxy or central proxy? when i linked with dev node proxy i am not able to open qmc with prefix.

Have attached my architecture.