Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abonnery
Contributor III
Contributor III

Regression linéaire et droite des moindres carrés

Hello, 

I am trying to do a linear regression curve as well as an average curve (polynemial kind or other ) 2 different ways: 

- create a linear regression curve for some points (one for the blue points and another for the green) -> capture 1 (that is what I would like to see)

- create a tendancy curve (polynomial) that shows the tendancy of all points -> capture 2 ((that is what I would like to see)

I found an interesting page on your site but it doesn't show how to do it ...

(https://help.qlik.com/fr-FR/sense/June2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Measures/trend-lines.ht....)

I would like to do this in the sheets (within the functions if possible)

Best regards, 

2 Replies
msKarthikeyan
Employee
Employee

Hi Abonnery, 

The Trend Line Functions are available in Bar Chart and Line Chart.  Options are available to choose Linear or second degree Polymnomial 

Trend Line.PNG

Other than that there are some function available which you can explore. 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2020/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Stati...

-Karthik 

abonnery
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello, 

It is my understanding thanks to your answer and the numerous forums around this question that IT IS NOT possible to build a scatter plot with a linear regression curve on Qlik Sense.

In scatter plot charts, appart from building constant curves (through the add-on section) of the shape y=constant or x=constant, you CANNOT add trend curves. 

You only can do that in line charts or bar charts. 

However, I find really bizarre that the option of adding curves (lineal or polynomial) to scatter plots doesn't exist.

Usually, trend lines are used to show that for a set of data you can have some sort of a shape/trend, hence the trend line... So, there is no much point to offering the possibility of adding trend line to line charts...

It is pity that Qlik Sense doesn't offer the possibility of adding trend lines (functions, not constant) to scatter plots ... 

Thank you for you help.