Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HuggyBear
Contributor II
Contributor II

Renamed fields keep the same name in Sheet ?

Renamed fields in Data managerRenamed fields in Data managerActual values in sheetsActual values in sheets

Hello, 

For some reason, I have column called Project type and it is basically for sorting projects per location. It is not project ID for each project, but only category, so I can filter all US / Germany or other clients by location etc. 

From SQL source, data comes as number - for example all US projects have code number 4052, all EU projects have code number 4057 ( it is coming as integer, because it is pulled from API, which is giving me this value into the DB)

In data manager, I replaced name for this values as "US projects" for number 4052 and EU for numbers 4057. 
I can see that in data manager correctly right now, but when I m using this in sheet editor, it is still giving me only code number, instead renamed values. 

I tried to "Data load" again and again, but nothing is happening. 

Is my assumption of renaming fields correct, or am I missing something ?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I usually use code editor, so i'm not used to work with data manager.

I see you said than the code is an integer, but the screenshot of the actual value in sheets is left-aligned, meaning tht is being loaded as a text. Can this casuse the issue?

HuggyBear
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Well, but my impression from "rename" function is that you can renamed any value to anything. For example columns with Ones and Zeros  can be displayed as "approved" "not approved". So you dont have to handle it on your back in Database for example. 

Of course, I can do that in backend, but then "rename" function doesnt have any sense to just adjust numbers to different numbers. 

Also, it is automatically picking up fields with the same value. So it is also suggesting you that whole group of the same values can be renamed to something else.

rubenmarin

Hi, yes, that what it does, but it's different to specify to tranform the number 4052 to the text 'xxx clients' than the string '4052' to the text,

It was just a guessing based in your screenshots, I will ned to check a sample of the data and the app to confirm if this is cause or something else is happening.