Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwaikar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Restrict few users App Access

I've a scenario where I want to restrict one of my app access for few users from my team but they should be able to access other apps from the same stream.

For example:

App Name: Test Dashboard (in Qlik Sense)

user1@test.com,  user2@test.com,  user3@test.com,  user4@test.com,  user5@test.com 

Out of these 5, user2@test.com,  user3@test.com should not be able to access the 'Test Dashboard'. They both can see this app in our stream but when they will click, they should get 'Access denied' error. AND this mentioned app should be accessible to user1@test.comuser4@test.com,  user5@test.com only.

Note: Not looking for AD group solution but want to understand how to do it with 'Section access'. I've already gone through the below link but couldn't understood well to implement at my end.
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/manag...Managing user access to an app)

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

This seems like a fairly standard Section Access. You would list just the three desired users (plus any admin users and the service users) in Section Access, which would mean the users not listed would be prevented from opening the app after clicking it.

rwaikar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried the below code with new section

Section Access;
LOAD * inline [
ACCESS, USER.EMAIL
ADMIN, user1@test.com
USER, user4@test.com
USER, user5@test.com
];
Section Application;

but occurred this error.

Access was denied after reload.

Or
MVP
MVP

Is the app open under one of these three users? If not, then obviously, your user needs to be added (and you may want to also add the service users, particularly if you intend to reload the app through QMC).

rwaikar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes, its open under one of these three users. Here you can consider that one is 'ADMIN, user1@test.com'.