Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III

Scheduling Auto refresh in qliksense

Hi Experts,

I want schedule the Auto refresh in qlik sense.

Previously i did it in qlik view with this statement in edit script

EXECUTE "C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe" /r "D:\Qlikview\auto refresh.qvw";

Same thing I trying in qlik sense also but i am not able find this path''C:\Program Files\QlikView\QV.exe''  which i wrote for qlik view

I am taking the data from sql server database and i have created qvd's then i performed joins operation. Now total i have 4qvd's but our client will not open those 4 qvd's he will open final front end qvd only. so whenever he load the data in front end qvd automatically it will refresh backend qvd's also

Is there any option is there for that

Can you guys help me out from ..

Thank you in advance

B VS Sudhakar

26 Replies
priyalvp24
Creator
Creator

You can use reload button extension from qlik branch

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

he want to automatize the application. you mentioned that is created a reload button again we have to reload the application manually.

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

try this

you could also use an HTML page with this :
<head>

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="30">

</head>

it refresh document every 30 seconds.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

No, this keeps the session alive. It does not refresh any data nor executes the load script.

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Manoj,

My Actual Requirement is:

I have 4 qvd's which are taken data from the sql server database and those 4 are backend files client will not use.

Now i have created one qvf file by uploading those qvd's and performed joins operation... this is frontend file. whenever client open this front end qvf trigger refresh manually then that time backend qvd's will also refresh automatically.

This is my requirement and i am using Desktop edition

manoj217
Creator III
Creator III

Qliksense will not support the triggers.

But you want perform reload action while open the document. in such case create a reload button in above priyal has mentioned that then go with below mentioned link. it consists of multiple trigger actions.

Vizlib Text Object:

http://branch.qlik.com/?&_ga=1.263922632.538940530.1473776001#!/project/57881118637877f40865b5cc

bvssudhakar
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Priyal

I have created reload button

I have 4 qvd's which are taken data from the sql server database and those 4 are backend files client will not use.

Now i have created one qvf file by uploading those qvd's and performed joins operation... this is frontend file. whenever client open this front end and click on reload button then that time backend qvd's/qvf's will also refresh automatically without opening.

This is my requirement and i am using Desktop edition

Is there any option for that please suggest where i can change my code

priyalvp24
Creator
Creator

Hi,

Let me check & get back to you...