Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jb_1234
Contributor II
Contributor II

Section Access and Spaces

Hello all,
I am working with section access. I want to control the users access with section access. Can users make use of an app through section access even if they are not members of a space ?

Please help me

Thank you in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PHILAChariya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

In Qlik, Section Access controls access to data within the app at a granular level, specifying which data a user can see based on their credentials. However, Section Access alone does not control access to the app itself or the space it resides in.

If a user is not a member of a space in Qlik Cloud, they may not be able to access the app, regardless of Section Access settings within the app. Access to spaces in Qlik Cloud is usually managed separately, and users need to be granted the necessary permissions at the space level to see and interact with the apps within that space.

Section Access primarily focuses on data-level security within the app. It's essential to ensure that users have the appropriate permissions at both the space and app levels.

Hope this helps. Cheers ! 😉

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PHILAChariya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hello,

In Qlik, Section Access controls access to data within the app at a granular level, specifying which data a user can see based on their credentials. However, Section Access alone does not control access to the app itself or the space it resides in.

If a user is not a member of a space in Qlik Cloud, they may not be able to access the app, regardless of Section Access settings within the app. Access to spaces in Qlik Cloud is usually managed separately, and users need to be granted the necessary permissions at the space level to see and interact with the apps within that space.

Section Access primarily focuses on data-level security within the app. It's essential to ensure that users have the appropriate permissions at both the space and app levels.

Hope this helps. Cheers ! 😉

jb_1234
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello PHILAChariya, 
thank you for the reply. Could you help me in one more question, how could someone share an app with the whole Company. If we cannot add all into a space.  

PHILAChariya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi @jb_1234 

Actually, we can give and control user access to the Space on the whole company level like the picture below:
Go to "Space details" choose "Members" then Click "Add members"

PHILAChariya_1-1700837120689.png

Hope that can help you. 🙂

PHILAChariya
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Ah, your question is about the App access level.
In this case, yes we also have the ability to control the access on the whole company level for the App as well ! 😉

PHILAChariya_0-1700837476338.png