Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yelin_nyu
Creator
Creator

Select multiple values in a field using Buttons - dashboard bundle

Im having trouble making the button action to work when the field is dual valued.  The button is part of Qlik Sense Feb 2019 dashboard bundle. 

When i do selection a value in a field, and i put one value, the button works fine.

But when i do two or more separate by semi-colon, it doesn't work. Another post mention it can't interpret numbers. modify the js file to convert number to text helps. But i dont know how to do so on an enterprise version

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to use paranthesis () around the lot and pipes | between the values as in the picure below.

image.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Try to use paranthesis () around the lot and pipes | between the values as in the picure below.

image.png

cvenancio15
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Everyone,
I Can't do this form. Say that I have an error in expression.
Anyone can help me? 

Sera
Contributor III
Contributor III

The fx-Editor also tells me, "error in expression" and sometimes add single qutotation marks around and a "=" in front of it (which makes sure, that it NEVER WORKS lol).
But if i DO NOT OPEN the fx-editor, and just enter it in the quick-formula-window like suggested (in the suggested Syntax) - it works like a charm. 

"Select multiple values of a field" doesn't work at all for me. 

I just entered:
(Dez.|Jan.)

Just never touch that fx-symbol. 

i hope that helps 😉

Shawn_Hicks
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you try    ='(Dez.|Jan.)'