Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III

Selectors - Work Around

Hi Guys.

i'm curious what design/how people get around placing many selectors (list boxes) onto a QS canvas given the size restriction (without extending the size of the canvas)

we have many dashboards build in QlikView, and users are used to haveing many selection boxes down the left hand size of the canvas. I dont have room for for more than half a dozen selection boxes. 

only workaround i can think of is add a dashboard with a table containing all of the fields from the dataset that users would normally need to drill into the data? Select a field in the table on that dashboard to restrict results, then navigate back to the dashboard where they wish to see the data restricted?

if that makes sense?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Making the same switch, we've cut down on the number of available filters and instructed users to either use Smart Search or the Selections screen, both of which are native to QS and don't require any additional canvas real estate. We try to limit actual filters to about eight per sheet (which is roughly what you can fit in one filter pane at the top of each sheet taking up the entire width of the canvas). Users have also become used to filtering from table / pivot table headers when the fields in question are present but not in the filter pane.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Making the same switch, we've cut down on the number of available filters and instructed users to either use Smart Search or the Selections screen, both of which are native to QS and don't require any additional canvas real estate. We try to limit actual filters to about eight per sheet (which is roughly what you can fit in one filter pane at the top of each sheet taking up the entire width of the canvas). Users have also become used to filtering from table / pivot table headers when the fields in question are present but not in the filter pane.

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

when you say Selections Screen i guess you mean a dashboard containing nothing but selection boxes?

cheers

Or
MVP
MVP

Nope, the built-in selections screen...

Or_0-1671015675865.png

wonkymeister
Creator III
Creator III
Author

thats brilliant, great tip. Thanks very much for the help! That issue put to bed.

cheers