Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mithunr40
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Analysis: Concat()

I want to show departments (DEPARTMENT_ID) with more than 30 employees (EMPLOYEE_ID). They given me the  fields and functions to use in set analysis: EMPLOYEE_ID,DEPARTMENT_ID,DEPARTMENT_NAME,count(),concat().

Please help me out to solve this problem.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
Mike_Dickson
Support
Support

Hello @mithunr40 

You can solve this problem by using Qlik's set analysis feature and the count() function to count the number of employees in each department. Then, you'll filter for departments that have more than 30 employees.

Here's an example of how you might do this in a chart. Suppose you want to create a bar chart with department names on the x-axis and the number of employees on the y-axis. In this case, you could use the following expressions:

Dimension: DEPARTMENT_NAME

Measure: count({<EMPLOYEE_ID = {"=count(EMPLOYEE_ID) > 30"}>} EMPLOYEE_ID)

This expression counts the number of employees in each department and only includes the count in the measure if the count is more than 30. The {<EMPLOYEE_ID = {"=count(EMPLOYEE_ID) > 30"}>} EMPLOYEE_ID part of the expression is using set analysis to only include employee IDs in departments where the count of employee IDs is more than 30.

Please note that the actual syntax may vary depending on the specifics of your data and Qlik application. Be sure to replace the field names with the actual field names in your data if they are different.

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
mithunr40
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for your response @Mike_Dickson but the output is wrong.

I have attached the image plz look into this.

Actually they have mention to use concat() aslo so i think the expression is different.

mithunr40_0-1686630374013.png