Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Set Analysis Question -

I'm having issues with an expression -

Current Expression =

Sum({$<rule_group_id={10682},transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>}employee_id)

I am trying to count the number of employees (employee_id) who have the following transcripts (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}) for the rule group id (rule_group_id={10682}).

The part I know I am missing is that the rule group id points to multiple classes (course_name), however - I don't want to have to hand code in every course id.

I was able to make a master item (for a different visualization) ...

=if(rule_group_id = ('10682'),course_name)

^ Saying give me every course name that falls into this Rule Group ID. That works fine.

But I want to use the GUAGE visual and reference a % of students who have the transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'} for the rule group id and the courses that it points to.

It's probably simple but I know I'm missing one part of my puzzle with the course detail.

Any help is appreciated.

23 Replies
sunny_talwar

Not sure I understand the requirement completely. Would you be able to share an example or some images?

Not applicable
Author

Lets say I have 4 Classes I have to take in school...

Course 1

Course 2

Course 3

Course 4

And they courses get bundled up into a grouping or grade level. That grouping or level is identified by an id called Rule Group Rule = 10682.

Instead of getting a grade in the classes you get a status (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})

N - No You Haven't Passed the Class

L - You've Launched the Online Class

S - You've Scheduled the Class

^ all 3 statuses mean that you haven't completed the classed yet.

I want to count the number of Employees (employee_id)

Who has not completed (transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})  ALL 4 courses (course_name)

By level (rule group id = 10682)

LEVEL 1 (identifier as 'Rule Group Id')

Course 1 (All Courses Identifier as 'Course Name')

Course 2

Course 3

Course 4

N - No You Haven't Passed the Class (All Status Identifiers as 'transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'})

L - You've Launched the Online Class

S - You've Scheduled the Class

And a Count on Employee (employee_id)

Does this help?

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Count({$<employee_id = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}, transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>} course_name) = 4"}>} employee_id)

This will count only those employee_id where count of all four course_name for a particular employee_id is either N or L or S

Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Could you explain the #4 and what that is doing?

Not applicable
Author

The count I got on the left is by course - (10 current courses - but theses courses could come and go all the time). I would assume that the left chart and the gauge should match by counts.

sunny_talwar

May be this:

Count({$<employee_id = {"=Count(DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}, transcript_status_code={'N','L','S'}>} course_name) = Count(TOTAL DISTINCT {<rule_group_id={10682}>} course_name)"}>} employee_id)

Not applicable
Author

That did this...

sunny_talwar

I think I am not completely sure of your requirement.

Not applicable
Author

Let me ask this - is there a way to reference a Master Item in an expression for a measure?