Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plaatkoek
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Analysis - Use the same field twice

Hi

I'm using Decision_Date twice in the below set analysis. But what I find is that it only show results for the second one. It completely discards the first expression "Decision_Date = {">=$(=(date(vDashboardStartDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))<=$(=(date(vDashboardEndDate,'YYYY-MM-DD')))""

Can you use the same field twice for different purposes in set analysis?

=sum({<Decision_Date = {">=$(=(date(vDashboardStartDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))<=$(=(date(vDashboardEndDate,'YYYY-MM-DD')))"},

Decision_Date = {"<=$(=(date(vCanvasserChangeDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))"},Canvasser_App_Ind = {'Yes'},

[Decision_Result] = {'Approved'}>}Number_of_Appl)* 120

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

If this is an AND condition, then you might need to use * instead of +

=sum({<Decision_Date = {">=$(=(date(vDashboardStartDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))<=$(=(date(vDashboardEndDate,'YYYY-MM-DD')))"} * {"<=$(=(date(vCanvasserChangeDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))"},Canvasser_App_Ind = {'Yes'},

View solution in original post

3 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

it's working as designed.

you can do as below if you want to apply an OR operator:

=sum({<Decision_Date = {">=$(=(date(vDashboardStartDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))<=$(=(date(vDashboardEndDate,'YYYY-MM-DD')))"} + {"<=$(=(date(vCanvasserChangeDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))"},Canvasser_App_Ind = {'Yes'},

I hope it helps.

sunny_talwar

If this is an AND condition, then you might need to use * instead of +

=sum({<Decision_Date = {">=$(=(date(vDashboardStartDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))<=$(=(date(vDashboardEndDate,'YYYY-MM-DD')))"} * {"<=$(=(date(vCanvasserChangeDate,'YYYY/MM/DD')))"},Canvasser_App_Ind = {'Yes'},

plaatkoek
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Andrea and Sunny. Both is correct. I didn't know you can use "and" and "or" conditions like this in the set analysis.

Learned something new today.