Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qlikdash2000
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set Analysis with Variables

tbm.png

As can be seen in the image above I can filter my variable `vDefects_Production` by the dimension `Conformed Cause Code` to arrive at the values shown; 9k, 3k, etc.

To instead filter using Qlik Sense set analysis I created this code that is a measure in my expression editor:

Sum({$<[Conformed Cause Code]={'Vendor'}>} vDefects_Production)

The issue is that this code spits out values of `0` for all the categories above (Toothbrush, Monitors, etc.) that previously had values of 9k, 3k, etc.

I imagine there's something wrong with my Qlik syntax? Or is there some other problem with my code?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

OK

Here is another suggestion. 

Make an adjustment to your variable vDefects_Production  so it looks like this.

sum({$<[Conformed Cause Code] = {$1},[# QN Initiated]={1},[Conformed Location Code]={'Production'}>}[Complaint Quantity])

When calculating the sum for Conformed Cause Code = Vendor then use this expression

=$(vDefects_Production(Vendor))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

What is the content of your vDefects_Production variable? Is it a field name or an expression?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

If the variable vDefects_Production is an aggregating expression such as SUM(DefectProducts) then you can try something like this.

=sum( {<[Conformed Cause Code] = {'Vendor'}>}  aggr($(='$(=vDefects_Production)'), [Conformed Cause Code] ))

qlikdash2000
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

The definition of the variable is:

sum({$<[# QN Initiated]={1},[Conformed Location Code]={'Production'}>}[Complaint Quantity])

I did attempt to use your other solution but got the same results, everything was `0`. Thank you for the attempt. Any other ideas?

Vegar
MVP
MVP

OK

Here is another suggestion. 

Make an adjustment to your variable vDefects_Production  so it looks like this.

sum({$<[Conformed Cause Code] = {$1},[# QN Initiated]={1},[Conformed Location Code]={'Production'}>}[Complaint Quantity])

When calculating the sum for Conformed Cause Code = Vendor then use this expression

=$(vDefects_Production(Vendor))

qlikdash2000
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Instead of messing around with variables I just am going to use this entire expression as my solution:

sum({$<[# QN Initiated]={1},[Conformed Location Code]={'Production'},[Conformed Cause Code]={'Vendor'}>}[Complaint Quantity])

I'd try out your solution but don't have the permission level in Qlik Sense Cloud to create/edit variables. I'll assume you're correct though and "accept as solution". Thank you.