Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VaishnaviMogal2
Contributor III
Contributor III

Set Parameter to store values from particular chart(Not globally from sheet or app)

Hi,

I have to store value of field in variable from particular table. in general In Qlik sense, variable store values from globally whole sheet or app. I have a field say firstName which is used in several graphs in sheet. I want a variable to store FirstName from particular table only, It should not get update when i select FirstName from any another graph. Can we achieve this in qlik sense. 

Any suggestion, please reply

Thanks,

Labels (5)
2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, you can't. You could work around this by loading FirstName as FirstNameForGraph and then using that in your specific chart, though. You could also consider using a separate State for this chart.

cardonne_esrf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You may be able to achieve what you want using Alternate State: define an alternate state for each table and try to populate your variable with an aggregation function using the Alternate State name. Something like: 

max({AltStateName} firstName) (or a Concat)