Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Setting Up Section Access

I’m working on a Qlik Sense project with data  where I need to implement section access to manage data visibility for different users. I want to ensure that each user can only see the data relevant to their permissions.

Airports:
LOAD * INLINE [
AirportID, AirportName
A1, CNN
A2, TVC
A3, ORD
];

Terminals:
LOAD * INLINE [
TerminalID, TerminalName, AirportID
T1, Terminal 1, A1
T2, Terminal 2, A1
T1, Terminal 1, A2
T3, Terminal 3, A2
];

Traxation:
LOAD * INLINE [
ID, AL, AirportID, TerminalID
F1, AL1, A1, T1
F2, AL1, A2, T3
F3, AL2, A3, T2
];

For example USER1 can have access to T1 in A1 and All terminals in A2. How can we define the section access

Do I need to define a field like AirportID&TerminalID and have a table with entries such as A2ALL, or am I missing a simpler solution?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, in that case, or if one use can access some 'good' airports and also some 'cancelled' airports, you will need to add the field to the composite key.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I think you will need the composite key to filter by both fields, you can do it with the 'ALL' option or create  all the combinations for A2 with each A2 terminal.

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

We need to define section access based on multiple fields within the airport data, such as ***, status,nature etc. I will need to create a composite key for each of these fields. Is there an alternative solution that anyone can suggest? In our case, we require two levels of section access.
To use the 'ALL' option, do I need to create an 'A2-ALL' option for each field?"

rubenmarin

If status or nature or other fields have only one value for airport or terminal, then you don't really need to set them in section access, previous calculations could make those checks to filter the airports or terminals the user should see.

I they are different and no related to airports or teminal, then yo don't need to set them in the composite key, there could be different fields for section access, just note that they work separatedly, so if you ony give a user access to A1, A2 and T1, the user will see the T1 of A1 and A2; if you only want to give the T1 of A2 you will need the composite keys.

Ther could be alternative solutions like working on assing the data to a new USER or ROLE field, and apply section access in that calculated and simpler field, the calculations for this field depends on your needs.

fabdulazeez
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thank you for response @rubenmarin 
Other fields, such as status, can have various values like good, bad, or canceled. Each user can have access to one specific status at one airport and all statuses at another airport.

rubenmarin

Hi, in that case, or if one use can access some 'good' airports and also some 'cancelled' airports, you will need to add the field to the composite key.