Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjremy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Show column if both dimensions are equal

Hi everyone,

I'm learning QlikSense and i'm trying to understand how the 'show column if' works. As I understood from the dimension, I should write there some expression and if that expression is true, the column will be in the chart.

But I struggle to use it. I have to following problem:

qlikquestion.png

So basically, I have two dimension in columns, and i would like to only show the columns were they are equals (like for example, the column 2023->2023), and hide the other ones. But if i write an expression like ONGJR=histongjr, nothing happens. 
Thank you for your time and answers 🙂
Have a good day,

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, the hide column expression hides all the dimension, not only some values of the dimension.

For that case you can try with a calculated dimension like Aggr(If(histongjr<>ONGJR,histongjr),ONGJR,histongjr) instead of just 'histongjr', and uncehck the option to show null values

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, the hide column expression hides all the dimension, not only some values of the dimension.

For that case you can try with a calculated dimension like Aggr(If(histongjr<>ONGJR,histongjr),ONGJR,histongjr) instead of just 'histongjr', and uncehck the option to show null values

Aasir
Creator III
Creator III

In the 'Data' panel and locate your chart, select 'Edit.' In the 'Expressions' section, locate the 'Show column if' field.

=ONGJR=histongjr

jjremy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks, I slightly modified it, but it worked in the end 🙂