Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chrvs
Contributor II
Contributor II

Store and access filters based on user input

Hi

I am new to Qlik Sense so bare with me

I have a couple of questions about filtering by user input:

1. Is it possible to create different filters in Qlik Sense that are activated by a user input? E.g. I write s0654 in a input box and a table is filtered in a certain way i.e. only shows data in which one of five values are present in a column.

2. Assuming that question 1 is possible. Would it be possible to make the rules within the running app itself? That is you press a button and a sheet opens where you can write a rule number, e.g. s0654, and you can then write which data should be shown when the rule number is entered in the input box from question 1. I.e. you choose that if s0654 is written the user is shown all data where at least on of the values 314, 298 or 253 is present in a certain column

Thanks

Labels (3)
1 Reply
Chrvs
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My own thought at the moment is to use a writeback function to write a new table with a rule name and some rule conditions. I don't know if it is the best way, but from what I picked up about writeback functions it might be a possible solution. There are several different writeback functions tho. Does anyone here have any experience with any writeback functions they can recommend?

Thanks