Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sum Aggr whilst ignoring dimensions in pivot

Hello everyone, I've configured a Vizlib pivot to use filter boxes for adding and removing dimensions and hence using concat in my expression to add the correct aggregations based on filter box selections.

There are 2 versions of this pivot, the first version is working perfectly as a simple straight average is needed. The working measure expression for the first pivot is:

avg({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'Pre-Built'},vendor_column={'$(=FirstSortedValue(target_vendor,target_vendor_sort_weight))'}>}total <$(=concat(row_dimension_value,','))> VendorListPrice)

Capture - Product.PNG

The desired result here is correct as I am able to have the Dell totals appear under Hewlett Packard and so on - these totals are required for later calculations which are not relevant for this posting.

 The second version of the pivot I cannot get to work, the results of this expression should be the sum of aggregated averages. So far the expression I have is:

(sum({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'}>}
Aggr(
avg({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'},vendor_column={'$(=FirstSortedValue(target_vendor,target_vendor_sort_weight))'}>} TOTAL <$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,','))> VendorListPrice*CONFIG_ITEM_COUNT)
,$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,',')) )))

This adds the correct total to the Dell column but this same total is needed under the Cisco column for example. I have tried to use a total qualifier in the outer sum expression to ignore dimensions without success.

Capture - Configurations.PNG

Hopefully this is enough information to go by, any help would be greatly appreciated !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was able to achieve the desired result by using a TOTAL qualifier inside the Sum of the aggr.

(sum(TOTAL <$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,','))>
Aggr(
avg({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'},vendor={'$(=FirstSortedValue(target_vendor,target_vendor_sort_weight))'}>} VendorListPrice*CONFIG_ITEM_COUNT)
,$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,',')))))

I realise now that the set analysis was totally redundant inside of an aggr.  😊

View solution in original post

3 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi 

you need to add nodistinct to your expression 

(sum({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'}>}
Aggr(nodistinct
avg({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'},vendor_column={'$(=FirstSortedValue(target_vendor,target_vendor_sort_weight))'}>} TOTAL <$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,','))> VendorListPrice*CONFIG_ITEM_COUNT)
,$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,',')) )))

crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, thanks for your response. Unfortunately that's not worked. 🙂 Here is the result of the nodistinct.

crvctsaa_1-1597735617607.png

crvctsaa
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I was able to achieve the desired result by using a TOTAL qualifier inside the Sum of the aggr.

(sum(TOTAL <$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,','))>
Aggr(
avg({$<_CalendarType={'current'},model_type={'CTO Config'},vendor={'$(=FirstSortedValue(target_vendor,target_vendor_sort_weight))'}>} VendorListPrice*CONFIG_ITEM_COUNT)
,$(=concat(cto_row_dimension_value,',')))))

I realise now that the set analysis was totally redundant inside of an aggr.  😊