Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III

Sum function not working

I have created a dataset. When I =sum(field) I get a different value than when I add the field.   I would just not use the measure but I want the value listed on the total line.  Below is an example. The SumMarket_value is =sum(field) and the marketvalue is (field). Anyone know why this is happening?

HMUTUAL01_0-1698097214588.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The MARKET VALUE field will only show if there is a single matching value per dimension value in the chart. The Sum is adding all values per dimension, so it appears that your join is duplicating values making your sum values higher.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

We would need to understand your data/table and the dimension in the table.

HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The dataset was created from  several tables using joins. Let me know what additional information would be helpful. 

Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

The MARKET VALUE field will only show if there is a single matching value per dimension value in the chart. The Sum is adding all values per dimension, so it appears that your join is duplicating values making your sum values higher.

HMUTUAL01
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, That was it.  There were duplicates in one of tables in the join. I thought doing a left join would have addressed it.