Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuan_nguyen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Sum with multiple conditions and formula inside

Hi everyone,

I am a beginner in QlikSense and I am trying to put an expression for sum mile.  I get an error with the following formula :
=Sum(if(Match([type],'1','5','8','200') and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] = {">=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))<=$(=Date($(vToDate)))"}, [log_mileages.mile]))

I guess the error is in this part :  and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] = {">=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))<=$(=Date($(vToDate)))"}

Can someone please help ?

Thanks !

tuan_nguyen_0-1657098841268.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like someone mixed in some set analysis syntax that doesn't belong...

and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] >=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))

and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] <=$(=Date($(vToDate)))

Or you could move this part as a set analysis rather than putting it in the if() - note that the parenthesis might be mislocated here since I just cut-pasted the sections around:

Sum( {< [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] = {">=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))<=$(=Date($(vToDate)))"} >} if(Match([type],'1','5','8','200'),[log_mileages.mile]))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Looks like someone mixed in some set analysis syntax that doesn't belong...

and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] >=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))

and [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] <=$(=Date($(vToDate)))

Or you could move this part as a set analysis rather than putting it in the if() - note that the parenthesis might be mislocated here since I just cut-pasted the sections around:

Sum( {< [log_mileages.created_at.autoCalendar1.Date] = {">=$(=Date($(vFromDate)))<=$(=Date($(vToDate)))"} >} if(Match([type],'1','5','8','200'),[log_mileages.mile]))

tuan_nguyen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot, this helps ! Unfortunately I still have an issue...  how  i can check $(vFromDate) and $(vToDate) because they can be null (i get value from filter panel)

tuan_nguyen_1-1657099663750.png