Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III

Synthetic Key issue

How to resolve the synthetic key issue for the below shown model viewer. Need both Columns SL_DATE and VNDR_GROUP.

Untitled.jpg

5 Replies
girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

You may rename VNDR_GROUP of SALES_RETURN_HDR to SRH_VNDR_GROUP

update

Also you may need to create extra composite key SL_DATE+VNDR_GROUP, depending on relation between SALS_HDR and SALES_RETURN_HDR

asb02512
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Dear Giri

My Requirement is to link the "VNDR_DTL.VNDR_GROUP "WITH VNDR_GROUP of both SALES_HDR and SALES_RETURN_HDR. But to get the Exact Data as per Date i have to link the DATE as well with both the HDR tables. when i am doing this i am getting a synthetic key. How to resolve this issue? as per your reply i am not getting the exact data (I TRIED ALREADY). is there any solution that we can solve this using Qualify and Unqualify.

SL_DATE : is

SALE_DATE as SL_DATE

SALE_RETURN_DATE as SL_DATE

in master Calendar date is configured as  SL_DATE

Then How can a extra composite key will create ?

danansell42
Creator III
Creator III

You could concatenate the Sale and Sale Return tables together creating a singular fact table.

This would remove the synthetic key.

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

Ok

will there be same vendor value for sales header and sales return entry ? if so you don't need to connect to both ,right ? just connect to sales_hdr

if venor can be different for both hdr and return, then

left join(sale_hdr) to vendr_dtl

and left join(sale_retun_hdr) to vendr_dtl

Thus there wont be vendr_dtl table and yes you will need to qualify both tables except for SL_DATE key

girirajsinh
Creator III
Creator III

concatenation ? or left join(sales_fact) both fact tables? (yes if his vendor for boh same, which is more likely)