Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AK_
Contributor II
Contributor II

Tag field with $hidden conditionally

Hi All,

I am trying to hide a field from the selections for some people based on Section access. I don't want to use OMIT as the field is used in the back of most of my visualisations, and if I omit it for someone, that person won't be able to see the charts that use it in the back. 

Therefore I would like to 'Tag it with $hidden' but only for certain people. So all in all, is it possible to 'Tag a field with $hidden' conditionally, and if yes -  how?

Thanks

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, this isn't possible. My understanding is that tags are app-level and set at reload and thus can't be modified when a user logs in.

A possible workaround might be to tag the field as hidden for everyone, and build a master dimension on top of it such as If(OSUser()='SomeUser',HiddenFieldName), and then add a filter pane based on the master item?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, this isn't possible. My understanding is that tags are app-level and set at reload and thus can't be modified when a user logs in.

A possible workaround might be to tag the field as hidden for everyone, and build a master dimension on top of it such as If(OSUser()='SomeUser',HiddenFieldName), and then add a filter pane based on the master item?

AK_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you for replying so quickly.

I tried your workaround, but my issue is that the filter still shows even if the user is excluded from it - although it's empty and you can't see any value in it. But I would like it to look like it doesn't even exist for certain users.

Or
MVP
MVP

Conditionally display the object you put it in, using a show/hide container, perhaps, using the same condition as the dimension? You'd still be left with a blank space but the field wouldn't be visible.

AK_
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yes that works well but a container for the filter pane doesn't look great in this specific dashboard. What I did based off your idea is that I used the same condition in the title of the object so that it shows as a blank field with no values. It's not ideal but will work for now. Thank you for your help!