Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SonPhan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Total Calculation

Hello Qlik-Experts,

i already asked this question before in the community, but this time i prepare a really small app.

SonPhan_0-1633392531012.png

how is it possible to get the result of the yellow marked column without using the Total function (SUM), because I could use this value (98) for further calculations and in a pivot table this function does not exist anyway. I have already tried it with sum(aggr( but unfortunately I do not get the result I am hoping for.

Thank you for your support!

Best regards Son

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Digvijay_Singh

May be other experts can help, but its a tricky situation, I have seen this odd behavior between pivot and straight table when the overall data model association creates null values. Some of the field values for Field_3 and Field_4 are not associated with any tester value and thats kind of making the difference here. 

When I introduce testerA like this - 

[Table-2]:
LOAD * INLINE
[
Field_2,Tester
B,TesterB
C,TesterC
A, TesterA
](delimiter is ',');

it makes proper associateion in the pivot - 

Digvijay_Singh_0-1633442114826.png

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Digvijay_Singh

Any issue with Sum(Field_2*Field_3)? Still trying to understand what do you mean by without using the SUM you are trying to get 60?

SonPhan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you! This was a to simple test app. 

SonPhan_0-1633392336441.png

The yellow marked column is exactly what i am looking for, without using the red marked function (Totals function (SUM)). Do you have any idea how to solve this?

I uploaded a new app now.

Digvijay_Singh

Where do you want Yellow highlighted column? In Pivot table? Sorry I am still not able to understand where do you want the final output?

Digvijay_Singh

This works in text box though in case you want to generate the same total as it shows in the table - 

Sum(Aggr(Sum(Field_3)*Sum(Field_4),Tester))

SonPhan
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Digvijay

in a text box this is possible, but i am talking about the pivot table.

SonPhan_0-1633420060195.png

Digvijay_Singh

May be other experts can help, but its a tricky situation, I have seen this odd behavior between pivot and straight table when the overall data model association creates null values. Some of the field values for Field_3 and Field_4 are not associated with any tester value and thats kind of making the difference here. 

When I introduce testerA like this - 

[Table-2]:
LOAD * INLINE
[
Field_2,Tester
B,TesterB
C,TesterC
A, TesterA
](delimiter is ',');

it makes proper associateion in the pivot - 

Digvijay_Singh_0-1633442114826.png