Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aashok
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unused Apps in Qlik Sense

Hi ,We have a few unused applications in a particular stream which the customer would like to archive ,since it would not be used in the near future .They would also like to know how much storage space those apps consume. Could help me in guiding to find how  to calculate the storage space the app is consuming and also does it affect to keep the unused applications in qlik?

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You'll find the size of the app in the QMC under the App section.

On SaaS the overall real estate has size limits you should be aware of and Size of a single App restrictions.

View solution in original post

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Exporting the app will give you the full size.  Also you can consider exporting without the data for archive purposes that will shrink it down considerably.

Main issue with keeping unused apps in the stream is that it clutters up your stream for users looking for their current apps.  They my investigate it and think the data in there is fresh (I assume you've disabled the tasks loading it) or may be using out of date business logic to produce results.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

You'll find the size of the app in the QMC under the App section.

On SaaS the overall real estate has size limits you should be aware of and Size of a single App restrictions.

aashok
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @ogster1974 ,thanks for the reply.  We are using the qlik sense enterprise for windows . I know the QMC would show the size of the apps. But that is a compressed size  and not the actual size right? 

Also keeping the unused apps in the stream would take up any usage space unless we run those apps?

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Exporting the app will give you the full size.  Also you can consider exporting without the data for archive purposes that will shrink it down considerably.

Main issue with keeping unused apps in the stream is that it clutters up your stream for users looking for their current apps.  They my investigate it and think the data in there is fresh (I assume you've disabled the tasks loading it) or may be using out of date business logic to produce results.

aashok
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks @ogster1974 . Moving the apps to another stream(archive) will not save the space unless it is deleted from the streams and imported once it is needed. Since the apps does not take up significant space ,it is decided to be left in the stream itself.  Thanks again for the help.