Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UpendraReddy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Updating the values in column

Hi,

I have two values in excel under one column like ABC,abc. 

Here the problem is, In excel it is considering both as one value where as Qlik sense considering two because it is a case sensitive.

For this how can I update the value ABC to abc in Qlik sense to overcome the issue?

So that I can able to consider only abc in Qlik sense.

BR,

Upendra Reddy Mekala

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

That's an open-ended question since you haven't explained how you recognize the values that you want to be changed. If you only want to change 'ABC' then you could use e.g.

If(Field = 'ABC','abc',Field) as Field

Or you could create a list of things you want to change and use either Pick/WildMatch or a mapping load. However, that does require some way of picking out the specific values you want changed, of course.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

If you aren't interested in case sensitivity, you could use either Upper(Field), Lower(Field), or Capitalize(Field), whichever one you prefer.

UpendraReddy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

For specific values(ABC to abc) only I want to change not all the field values.

Is there any way to change?

Or
MVP
MVP

That's an open-ended question since you haven't explained how you recognize the values that you want to be changed. If you only want to change 'ABC' then you could use e.g.

If(Field = 'ABC','abc',Field) as Field

Or you could create a list of things you want to change and use either Pick/WildMatch or a mapping load. However, that does require some way of picking out the specific values you want changed, of course.

UpendraReddy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Or,

I tried with if(), I got the required output, Thank you.

Regards,

Upendra Reddy Mekala