Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sten_still
Partner - Contributor III

User have no access to rim nodes but have access to the central.

Hello all, 

Currently, i have this issue regarding user access. 

1. Apps in the stream able  to access from the central node but unable to access from the rim nodes. 

- When opening the apps in the "Everyone" stream from rim nodes, the error "You have no access" message. 

- While opening the apps in the same stream from central have no problem.

2. Cannot create apps in the rim nodes but in central node can create apps. 

- Note that: Rim nodes set to Development nodes and central set to Production and Development. 

Additional notes: In this environment, the license management for the user has distribute to the professional.

Kindly looking forward for any recommendation from the experience expert here. Thanks !

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Jack_Guo
Support
Support

Hi @sten_still ,

Are you using different url( virtual proxy prefix) to access central node and rim node?

Please make sure all of required ports are not blocked.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-admin/February2023/Subsystems/DeployAdministerQSE/Content/Sense_De...

sten_still
Author

Hello @Jack_Guo , 

Yes i have a different url to access to the central and rim nodes. However this issue happen even access thru the hostname url example (https://hostname/hub). 

User is the root admin supposed have all the access to apps and stream but unable to access to the apps and create apps in the rim nodes. 

Checked on the ports, seems like nothing have blocked there since earlier during installation i already had the checklist for the ports opening.  

Jack_Guo
Support
Support

@sten_still  then you may check the load balancing and load balancing rule setup.

sten_still
Author

Dear @Jack_Guo ,

I have check the load balance. There is no issue regarding load balance. 

sten_still
Author

I have found the solutions but feel so incomplete. 

The user able to view apps in stream from rim nodes with following conditions;

- User need to create new apps

- Else, cannot 

Somehow this is not a very practical ways, there will be a lot of abundance apps in the rim later just to view the apps in stream.