Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poisedon
Contributor III
Contributor III

Using app related to data files on new pc without edit connection

Hi all,

I moved my app to another pc, this app is related to other files saved on the desktop (it takes data from them). In the other pc when I make "Reload" in the app it doesnt work because it looks for C:Users/<my user name>/Desktop that is different for any pc. Any idea how to solve without editing connection in the Data load editor? Thanks.

4 Replies
OmarBenSalem

No way.

If u want to do sthing like this, ur source must be attached to the application.

Please refer to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVpLQy1yDwA

Capture.PNG

In fact, when the source is attached to the app; u don't need the path to the file anymore to reload the app since the file is already "within" the app.

poisedon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the answer Omar but I use Qlik Sense Desktop and this option seems working only in Qlik Sense Cloud and Enterprise Server 😕 In fact I checked and I don't have that option.

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Store the files in C:\Data\
Then you will not need to edit the connection. Otherwise, as Omar said, no way to connect to the files if you have a connection with a different user name.

vizmind.eu
poisedon
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yeah I already thought about this solution and I was using "C:/Program Files" but btw creating a new folder in that path called Data seems better, thank you Ivan!