Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rsaiq
Creator
Creator

XIRR Calculations on the basis of Date Range

Hi All,

I have created a expression for calculating XIRR on the basis of date selections in the qliksense KPI,i used below expressions

=xirr(Sum({<Account={13405},[Date]={">=$(=Min({1} [Date]))<=$(=Min([Date]))"}>}Amount)
+ Cashflows + Sum({<Account={13405},[Date]={">=$(=Min({1} [Date]))<=$(=Max([Date]))"}>}Amount *-1),Date)

Above expression is not giving error but also its not giving output too.
In the expression summing 3 values

1.Sum({<Account={13405},[Date]={">=$(=Min({1} [Date]))<=$(=Min([Date]))"}>}Amount) (This calculation is for Calculating Opening)
        Here,Calculating the amount from start from the datasource to start date which is selected on date picker.Eg start is 06-06-2018 is in the datasource and
start date  01-06-2019 which is selected in the date picker and also have 1 condition i.e Account=13405.So,the amount is calculating from 06-06-2018 to 01-06-2019 with help of this expression.
2.Cashflow

Its a column
3.Sum({<Account={13405},[Date]={">=$(=Min({1} [Date]))<=$(=Max([Date]))"}>}Amount *-1) (This calculation is for Calculating Closing)
         Here,Calculating the amount from start from datasource to start date which is selected on date picker.Eg start is 06-06-2018 in the datasource and
End date is 01-06-2021 which is selected in the date picker and also have 1 condition i.e Account=13405.So,the amount is calculating from 06-06-2018 to 01-06-2021 with help of this expression.

So,I have added all above 3 Calculations in 1st parameter of XIrr and added Date in second parameter.

From above XIRR Calculations, my output should be -7.6%(I have calculated this is in excel sheet)

Please find Attched XIRR Calculations exchel sheet (Opening & Closing is not available in datasource.So for this above Point 1 & Point 3 are used ).

Could anyone please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance

0 Replies