Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venky77777
Contributor III
Contributor III

'always select one value' for customer name filter will applicable in sheet1 not in sheet2

Hi friends,

Can anyone solve my issue as below:

selected 'always select one value' for customer name filter as I want in sheet1. In other sheets there is no customer name filter, but the chart objects in sheet2 &sheet3 also showing values based on customer name filter selected in sheet1.

Thanks in advance.

Labels (6)
8 Replies
Venus
Contributor II
Contributor II

filter applies to all sheets in an app. If you don't want it, then alternate states might help.

venky77777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Venus ,

Thanks for suggestion, I tried & that works, but the problem is in sheet1 it is single selection, where as in sheet2 I have to give multiple customer selection as well, according to new requirement. Is there any possibility to show without using extensions.

Venus
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm afraid I don't understand what you want as a result. You have 3 sheets. Sheet 2 and sheet 3 are not supposed to react to the filters of sheet 1, right? any other conditions? 

venky77777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Venus ,

Yes, that's exact I want. Here are 2 images one is with alternate state & the other without.

Applied 'single value selection' for 'Designation' field from field settings, as it was mandatory at least one selection and given alternate state for table & filter in sheet1.

venky77777_0-1722443810907.png    

unable to select more than 1 value in filter in sheet2 without alternate state, Also tried creating new Designation field with alias name , still not getting on showing ticks

venky77777_2-1722445110174.png

Venus
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did you assign the alternate state to the filter, too? The filter that has to be able to change the objects data has to be in the same alternate state.

venky77777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Venus

Yes, applied same alternate state to filter & as well as for chart object. 

Venus
Contributor II
Contributor II

create two states. Apply the objects of the first page to the first stage e.g. "stage1"

apply "stage 2" to the others  

venky77777
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

@Venus 

below is sheet2 with 2nd alternate state. Multi selection not getting. 

venky77777_0-1722452382744.png